Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ham & Potatoes

Ok, so here is my recipe, but I altered it a lot for tonight! 1. Because I forgot to throw everything into the crockpot before I left for my party today and 2. because I'm cool like that! This is a great recipe for a pot luck or a family gathering. It's also Weight Watchers friendly as long as you watch your portion. It can easily be cut in half. I like leftovers for lunch during the week.


Crockpot Ham and Potatoes

This makes 12-1 cup servings @ 3 points a piece (Weight Watchers)

4 cups lean ham (I like to use turkey ham)

8 cups raw potatoes (I like to use red potatoes), cut in half and then sliced thinly. Thinner = faster cooking.

1 medium Onion, chopped finely

1 green bell pepper, again chopped finely

1.5 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese-Shredded

2 can healthy request cream of chicken

black pepper to taste

1 tsp yellow mustard (or a good squirt)


1. Spray 4-quart crockpot with non-stick cooking spray, add ham, potatoes, & onion.

2. Sprinkle cheese over the top

3. In a small bowl combine all other ingredients, stir well, add to crockpot, mix well to combine

4. Cover cook on low for 8 hours, mix well again before serving


Today, I threw it all in a large casserole and baked at 400 degrees for an hour and a half. Tested the potatoes for doneness and served with green beans and ham slices.

Here is a picture of Jaizy's plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment