Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ham and (no) Broccoli cups

But they didn't contain Broccoli because I used it all in another meal... whoops.

This was a change up from a normal Pampered Chef recipe I usually make, the Ham and Broccoli Ring.
I usually change that up to suit my family's taste as well, so I don't follow it verbatim.

But I didn't want to make a ring, but I still wanted to have similar flavors so this is what I made instead:

Ham and no Broccoli Cups

    1 pound of ham, julianned
    1 can of cream of chicken soup
    1 can of cream of celery soup
    1 bag (smallish) of mixed veggies.  Peas, carrots, corn, green beans.  That sort of thing.  I cooked these so they weren't frozen.
    3 stalks of celery, diced
    1 brick of cream cheese, low fat, fat free, whatever
    5 sticks of string cheese, cut into skinny disks.
    So, basically I used what I had available!
    I made a biscuit mix and rolled out.  Instead of cutting biscuits and baking, I placed dough disks into canola oil sprayed muffin tins and pressed into cup form.  Then I baked in a 425 degree oven for about 8 minutes until just set.  When I removed from the oven I had to press the muffin puffs in with this cool little tool I have from Demarle.  You could use a spoon, it would work perfectly.
    I mixed up all the above ingredients (except the string cheese)  into a large bowl and spooned the mixture into the biscuit cups and topped with 3 string cheese discs.
    I had enough biscuits (I tripled the batch) and filling for 30 cups.  (we had leftovers!)
    Baked the filled cups for 10 minutes or so at 350 degrees to warm filling and melt the cheese.
    Yummmm….  We had it with Salad and my new favorite dressing, poppy seed vinaigrette.   Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment