Monday, February 1, 2010

Breakfast for Dinner


What kid (or adult!) doesn't love breakfast for dinner. but it seems like so much work at the end of the day! At least it does for me!
Here is our yummy breakfast for dinner from tonight:

Scrambled Eggs
Homemade biscuits and gravy
Applesauce

Remember those yummy pancakes from the other day? They started from a baking mix and this is the same baking mix I made my biscuits from. Oh yum. Seriousy, the best biscuits ever.

So, I browned up some country sausage and made a gravy. If you don't know how, don't be ashamed to use a packet or pre-made, whatever. Gravy is gravy. It's just really good if it's from scratch. I will cover this on another post. Cuz a good gravy deserves it's own post. But don't worry, a lot of the time I cheat too.

Then I cracked 15 eggs into a blender and blended with a splash of milk until fluffy. This is the secret to awesome scrambled eggs. I saw it on food network, can't remember who though. I think that was the only channel ever on when I was pregnant with Jaidelyn. It was like watching heaven all day long.
Scramble eggs in frying pan. I mean, this is pretty elementary and probably the first cooking-on-the-stove I ever taught my kids.

Wa-lah! Breakfast for dinner:

No comments:

Post a Comment